Thursday, August 22, 2013

Wentworth Miller... Prison Brokeback


It is all over facebook about the news today about Wentworth Miller (star of Prison Break) declining the invitation from St. Petersburg International Film Festival. Wentworth wrote the British-American psychological thriller film directed by Park Chan-wook. Now what really surprising is the statement from Wentworth, and i qoute “I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government.” He went on:     "The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly. Perhaps, when and if circumstances improve, I’ll be free to make a different choice".
I salute Wentworth for his courage for saying these words because in a world where discrimination about gay men and women is widespread, he overwhelmingly support the LGBT community against Russia's inhumane law.
Here is the copy of the letter of Mr. Wentworth.

Anyway the movie "Stoker" written by Wentworth Miller who stars Mia Wasikowska, Matthew Goode, and Nicole Kidman got a 7/10 star rating rotten tomato and IMDB so I'll be adding that movie on my bucket list.


No comments:

Post a Comment